Sunday, June 29, 2014

Totally Irrelevant Matters


Usually when I can’t think of something to write about, I play a couple of games of Spider Solitaire, and something floats to the surface.  Today the surface is so congested with stuff that has floated up that so far I can’t pick one of them out.
Bill is watching the Giants v. Cincinnati game, hoping the Giants finally get their act together, but not with too much hope.  I don’t have to worry about what to have for dinner since Bill found a half a frozen BBQ chicken in the freezer, so that has thawed nicely.
We had a great day yesterday visiting with family.  We had a surprise visit from my niece and her husband, both absolute sweethearts, who, on finding it was Bill’s B-day, stopped in Santa Maria and bought and brought a flat of fabulous strawberries.  We shared with everyone who was here, and still have some left for us.  Where we were having our picnic the “no see ‘ums” were out, and they attacked my ear, so had to take off my earrings because they made my ear lobe itch like mad.  I am highly allergic to those little tiny gnats, and they seem to enjoy that. 
(Nothing has surfaced yet!)
Tried to watch the news because I thought I would get fired up about what is going on in the world, but all I got was disgusted, and it is such a gorgeous day (even without rain) I didn’t want to write about that.  Although the next time I hear some talking head compare the left and right in Congress as both being obstructionists I may throw my shoe at the TV.  Again.  They are Crocs so not a whole lot of danger to the TV, but it makes me feel better.
So far, nothing has surfaced, and the game is on, so this is truly a short, and “other totally irrelevant matter”. 
See you all next week.

No comments: